Thursday 17 July 2008

More piloting...

...although the dissertation has taken a back seat to my new job, I am back in the comfy chair and fiddling around with previous studies' coding schemes to try to make the perfect research instrument.

It's surprisingly hard work, as all the categories and sub-categories seem to blend into each other after a while and I find myself second- and third-guessing my decisions. I guess I am experiencing the famous "coder fatigue".

Still, the 2nd or 3rd (depending on how you define it) pilot study is going well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice work, well done!
I'm think I'm back on the planet now, I haven't mixed with any librarians of late though, but we're having a summer social tomorrow so that should help.
It sounds like the content analysis has been harder than we initially thought. I'll pick your brain about that soon.
Just off to start constructing my pilot questionnaire.