Sunday 1 June 2008

The big list

I've spent a lot of time over the past 2 weeks just working through a list of Universities and Higher Education Colleges. While this is rather tedious, it's pretty useful. I now have a good feel for what is actually out there in terms of institutions, libraries and blogs. I have a rough overview.

Now I've started putting my data in order using a list of institutions from http://www.hero.ac.uk/ as a standard. Even more tedious, but it's turning up a few more blogs that I hadn't spotted and gives me the chance to correct a few lines of data. Plus, I have to do SOMETHING between now and Wednesday when I finally get a supervisor. If I have a nice neat dataset to show him/her I'll feel better.

I feel I'm a real librarian... I'm deriving rather too much satisfaction from a nice orderly table!

No comments: